Friday, July 8, 2011

Monetised/Sponsored

What are three unemployed grads to do other than monetise their blog? This mean that you will now see ads as part of this experience. Yes we know you are inundated with advertising all day and you just wanted to escape and read a little jaded, critical, and miserable theological ramblings and other shenanigans, not be sold books and boats and mustaches but hey we didn't create this blog out of anti advertising ideals we created it out of boredom. If you want learn how to stick it to the adman and take back the streets with a meme war go read adBusters but if you want to see what real and theological hijinx we get up to: we will be here whoring our creative and intellectual content to the best of our abilities. Today we watched Annie Hall and discussed further the meaninglessness of life and frustrations of job searching. I made more money before I went to college, its a good thing I didn't go to school to get a job... mind you if I had done that perhaps I would be finding something right now. My wife called me an author yesterday, that was a great ego boost. We are now sponsored authors.


One new years a few years ago, some friends and I met a guy on the skytrain, drunk as a skunk, but out of his intoxicated mouth came some of the most beautiful words of truth I have heard in my life, literally linguistic liquid gold: "Free! Thats like my first favourite word." We asked what his second favourite word was and his response was, "Sponsored..." he said, with glazed look of glory frozen on his face as he stared into space and imagined selling out in order to get paid to play. I am experiencing that right now. We three young jaded idealists standing here on the edge of glory having just sold our souls moments ago for advertising revenue - having commoditized the very relationships which provide the meaning in our meaningless lives and we are hanging on this moment of truth to find out will we fall? will lose it all? would anyone pay us to write without ads? How do you feel being part of the largest psychological experiment in human history? "Advertising" - coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment